- Guests booked for a week's stay receive a basket of home produce. Short break guests are provided with a home baked loaf of traditional Welsh tea bread.
- The wood burning stove is made up ready to light. A basket of logs and kindling is provided free of charge. Additional logs can be bought on site.
- Fresh floral displays for every stay, and complimentary Prosecco for bookings for anniversaries and other special occasions.
- Breakfast for a wholesome start to your holiday, and organic veg & salad boxes, plus organic sourdough bread, and Welsh milk, butter and cheeses, can all be ordered through us ready for your arrival. All produce comes from Watson & Pratt's in Lampeter.
- Frozen home cooked food, and pork and sausages from our pigs, can be bought on site. Eggs from our chickens, and a selection of home made preserves are available from our honesty box "Market Stall".
- A high chair and travel cot (with padded undersheet & crochet baby blanket) are available on request.
- Nature trail and adventure activities box for young children; fire pit for evenings cooking outdoors and roasting marshmallows; treehouse and hammock deck for children of all ages!
- Opportunity to help with egg collecting, to meet the lambs in spring, and get involved with pig tea time from spring through to autumn.
" Absolutely lovely! We’d been here a day before I remembered it was an “eco” cottage – just proves that “eco” needn’t be a hair shirt affair. Perfect homely cottage, beautiful surroundings, very tasty mutton bhuna and 2 excellent breakfasts from 1 breakfast box – with sausages this good you only need 1 each!"
Alfred & Sue, Manchester
“We’ve had such as relaxing, peaceful stay, have no complaints whatsoever about the cottage, everything we could need for a week’s stay. I wish we could move the cottage a hundred miles further north, then we would be back every year!”
Natalie & Colin, West Yorkshire
- We accept up to two adults dogs in Cwt Mochyn cottage. Water bowl, sofa blankets and towel are provided, together with a home made doggie treat and suggestions for dog walks and dog friendly pubs.
- Dogs are not permitted in bedrooms or to be left unattended in the cottage unless securely crated. If your dog is happy in the company of strangers, we can provide an evening dog-sitting service.
- The cottage has an enclosed garden, but please clean up after them. We have a field and stream where dogs can be off lead, but as we have animals on the smallholding they must be kept on the lead elsewhere on site when away from the cottage.
- Each cottage has a comprehensive, personally compiled "Banceithin Bible" listing recommended local shops, eateries and events, the best beaches, days out and things to do.
- Giant outdoor chess and draughts; indoor Games Room with dartboard and table tennis table; lockable storage room and washing facilities for walking boots, fishing tackle, surf boards and bikes.
- Nature guides, binoculars and pond dipping kit are available for wildlife explorers.
- Explore our country lanes on one of the short ciruclar walks from the cottage.
- Watch the sun set in Cornel Arth, a quiet stream side corner of our grassland.
- We offer drop offs and pick ups for local pubs and restaurants, and for walkers and cyclists.
- Fibre broadband arrived at Banceithin late February 2018 and guests now have access to dedicated wi-fi within each cottage. For those guests who prefer a digital-detox holiday, there is the option to have wi-fi disabled.
- In keeping with our rural location, there is no mobile network coverage on site, but a signal for most networks can be picked up a few minutes walk up the lane. There is a coin operated phone in the Games Room.
"We have had a lovely stay. The cottage has everything you could ever need. It was lovely to have all the things Martha (age 4) would enjoy, including the art box, treasure hunt, etc. The cottage is the most relaxing place I have ever been and we will be sad to leave. Hope to return again in the spring."
We have enjoyed a thoroughly beautiful stay in the very lovely and quirky Hen Ffermdy. Very peaceful and wonderful surroundings. Looking at the stars on a clear night with the telescope is a must. Thrilled to be surrounded by animals… Great to have home-cooked meals on hand and fresh produce – the hens worked hard to keep up with our egg demand!”
Sophie & Jim, Derby