- Guests booked for a week's stay receive a basket of home made and local produce. Short break guests are provided with all they need for a relaxing cup of tea on arrival and a home baked loaf of traditional Welsh tea bread to go with it.
- The wood burning stove is made up ready to light on your arrival. A basket of logs and kindling is provided free of charge and additional logs are available to buy on site.
- Fresh floral displays for every stay, and complimentary Prosecco for bookings for anniversaries and other special occasions. We're happy to prepare the cottage with bunting, balloons or other decorations on request as an extra surprise on arrival.
- A Breakfast Box for a wholesome start to your holiday, and organic veg & salad boxes, plus organic sourdough bread, and Welsh milk, butter and cheeses, can all be ordered through us ready for your arrival. All produce comes from Watson & Pratt's (formerly, Organic Fresh Food Company) in Lampeter.
- Home cooked meals, and pork and sausages from our own pigs are available to buy on site. Fresh eggs from our chickens, salad and vegetables from our smallholding, and a selection of home made preserves are available from our fresh produce honesty box "Market Stall".
- A high chair and travel cot (with undersheet, pillow & crochet baby blanket) are available on request.
- Nature treasure hunt and adventure activities box for young children; fire pit for evenings cooking outdoors and roasting marshmallows; treehouse and hammock deck for children of all ages!
- Opportunity to help with egg collecting, to meet the lambs in spring, and get involved with pig tea time from spring through to autumn.
" Absolutely lovely! We’d been here a day before I remembered it was an “eco” cottage – just proves that “eco” needn’t be a hair shirt affair. Perfect homely cottage, beautiful surroundings, very tasty mutton bhuna and 2 excellent breakfasts from 1 breakfast box – with sausages this good you only need 1 each!"
Alfred & Sue, Manchhester
“We have stayed in and visited Ceredigion many times in the past but our visit here has been a delight!”
Maureen & Andy, Shropshire
“Have thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Excellent standard of accommodation, sausages, eggs, jam, bread, cottage pie, apple pie were all exceptional. We will definitely be back!”
Robert & Susanna, Hove
- We accept up to two adults dogs in Cwt Mochyn cottage (sorry, no puppies). Water bowls, sofa blankets and rub down towel are provided, together with a home made doggie treat and suggestions for dog walks and dog friendly pubs.
- The cottage has an enclosed garden for your dogs to enjoy, but please clean up after them (scoop and poo bags are provided). We ask that you do not leave your dogs unattended in the cottage unless crated and, as we have animals on the smallholding, that they are kept on the lead when away from the cottage on site.
- Each cottage has a comprehensive, personally compiled "Banceithin Bible" listing recommended local shops, eateries and events, the best beaches, days out and things to do.
- Giant outdoor chessboard and indoor Games Room equipped with dartboard and table tennis table, lockable storage room and washing facilities for walking boots, fishing tackle, bikes and other equipment.
- Nature guides, binoculars and pond dipping kit are available for wildlife explorers, and planisphere and telescope for astronomers.
- We offer drop offs and pick ups for local pubs and restaurants, and for walkers and cyclists.
- Colleen's Massage & Wellbeing Studio in Bethania is a 25 minute walk away. An hour Ka Huna Bodywork massage treatment is just £25.
- In keeping with our rural location, there is no mobile network coverage on site (signal for most networks can be picked up a short walk away) and wi-fi is not available within the cottage. You can relax in peace and enjoy a digital detox holiday. There is an outdoor wi-fi hotspot and although bandwidth is limited, you will be able to pick up the emails that just can't wait and post those important Facebook status updates.
- A coin operated phone is provided in the Games Room. Guests are welcome to give our home phone number to family and friends and we are happy to pass on messages.
" The children loved the treehouse, hammock, DVDs, comfy beds, giant beanbag and gorgeous rabbit hiding in the wardrobe, and enjoyed exploring the farm for pigs, sheep and friendly chickens. A lovely conversion, which makes a super holiday home and all your special touches make it a very enjoyable place to relax and have fun!”
The Griffiths Family, Berkhamstead